Former and Current History
The application for organization of North Central Soil Conservation District was summitted on March 4, 1940. It approved on March 9, 1940. The election for the Board of Supervisiors was held in April 6, 1940. The original Board of Supervisiors had 3 members, Harold Hofstrand of Churchs Ferry, Ernest Schuman of Minnewaukan and Eivend Solberg of York. We now have a board of 5 members with 1 being chairperson. We also now have 5 employees on staff. Our office is located in Minnewaukan, ND on the shores of Devils Lake.